Monday, May 11, 2009

Sunday May 10th, 2009, Mother's Day

Well, this is the weirdest Mother’s Day I’ve ever had in um……16 years. Not that it was a bad day at all. Finally, the weather was very SUNNY, yes sunny, you read that correctly!!! It wasn’t windy or cold either. OMG, I can hardly believe that I touched that combination of letters, can you? I got up at 10am. Mark is working on arranging an Irish folk tune, The Holy Ground, as a warm-up to something bigger and better while he’s in Belgium for a month, beginning tomorrow (he’d been up since 8am). Because the weather was nice, I thought we should try to get some more touring in. Not convinced he really wanted to, but he agreed. Ann, whose cottage we are renting, had indicated that the Ring of Skellig was a nice way to spend an afternoon, and we’d see a chocolate factory, no less! More driving, hurtling down roads that really only accommodate one car, and test every nerve in your body. OH! but the beauty, the sights were exceptional! Out of the middle of the ocean came this huge rock, they called it Ireland! It is indeed gorgeous when the sun shines around here. Easy to fall in love with the land and imagine a life in two countries.

In the late afternoon, I read The Irish Times, and packed up all my gear and gifts. We had omelettes for supper and packed a lunch for tomorrow. Went to bed about 10pm. Plan to catch the 1130am train from Cork to Dublin. Looking forward to being in the city tomorrow. Nice to talk to the family!!! I miss you boys!!!

No comments: